2007年7月6日 星期五

Who arranged this trip? HE DID


This is not just a great trip, but also a trip to experience the grace, the provision, and the leading of our Lord Jesus.

Our original plan was to stay at Vancouver first and Victoria for 4 nights right after the Seattle Summer Conference on Sunday. However, the brother in our assembly, who has also planned a trip to Canada, was unable to stay at Vancouver Thursday night due to his busy schedule. Out of his kindness, he invited us to stay at his reserved 2-bedroom. At first, I am not that willing, since I need to alter the traveling route, going to Victoria first, and reserve an addition room for 2 extra people. However, since he was kind to us and I had not yet reserve any motels due to unclear to the leading of the Holy Spirit, I considered this was the 1st leading of our Lord, so I said yes.

Therefore, I postponed the trip and stay at another brother's home in Seattle on Sunday night. It was predestined that we need to stay at his house for one more night. First of all, we just realized that we did not even bring any maps. Fortunately, our brother still kept his AAA Canada/Vancouver/Victoria maps of 2006. So, we got the maps. And, his neighbor just gave him a phone number, a person named Bob, from the Port Angeles - Victoria Tourist Bureau for reserving the motel at Victoria. Though I was not very sure who this Bob is and what kind of the Bureau it is, I considered this could be the leading of our Lord for the next step.

Monday, instead of going North to Vancouver directly, we drove to Port Angeles. Due to bad reception on my cell phone and out of my in-patience, we made the 1st reservation - a triple-queen-bed room for Monday night in a hurry. Then, I started to realize that this was a very long drive from Seattle, and my heart was sinking and face became long. It took us 3 1/2 hours to get Port Angeles, and we missed the 12:45PM Ferry. I was a little bit upset, since we need to wait for another 3 hours. So, we ate lunch and wondered around the stores nearby. Now, did you know who we met at the Tour Information Center by the Ferry? Bob, we actually met Bob. After a short conversation, Bob made a Tuesday night reservation for us. It was a 3-bedroom suite with a kitchen, free parking, swimming pool and Internet access. Same price as my 1st reservation, which has none above features, and that made my day. So, the leading of the Lord was pretty clear that we should stay at that motel on Tuesday night.

On the Ferry, just about arriving Victoria, Canada, we suddenly found out that Joanna's passport has expired. This is really a big blow to me and I heart was pumping fast again. However, the Lord has reminded me that He is in control and I need to let go and let Him in charge. After we checked in the motel, we made some phone calls and found out that Joanna either needed a valid passport or an original birth certificate to re-enter the United States. We decided since the Lord is in control, we should still enjoy our trip until we checked in the 2nd motel on Tuesday afternoon.

Tuesday, after checked in the motel, I set up the laptop. Praise the Lord, everything we need are in there - cable, microphone and etc. So, we can Skype anyone without spend too much money. After asking helps from several government agency, I finally got hold of the Vital Record in Portland to request J's birth certificate. Well, you know what - since Wednesday is July 4th, the National Holiday, with the fastest delivery, no one will guarantee the certificate will sent to us on Friday. And, if we did not receive it on Friday, we have to wait to the next business day, which is next Monday. We suddenly felt that this is almost the end of the world. So we prayed. Then, my sister reminded me that the brother and sister who invited us to stay at their hotel is coming up on Friday. After I called them, with a joyful heart, our sister is willing to be our mailman to pick up the certificate and deliver it to us on Friday. Later, the Lord has prompt me that we should stay at the same hotel for Wednesday night, so we can arrange everything on Thursday morning.

Can't really tell you how much trouble we have got for this simple matter, how many phone calls we have made to clear the path, how many trip we were up and down to send the fax, and how much money we have spent for all the paper work to be done, but, after a straight 3-hour none-stop working, it was DONE. Just right before checking out the motel at 11:00AM, IT IS DONE. J's birth certificate is ready to be pick up before noon, and it means we can go home peacefully.

Thursday afternoon, after arriving the motel, we checked in. We told the manger that we will have six people to stay in that 2-queen-bedroom. But, surprisingly, he said that is fine. I thought that perhaps he did not get it. So I explained to him that it is a 2-bedroom which is normally just for 4 people. And did you know what he said. He said it is a BIG room, and he did not really care. Really? We got a BIG room? A big room is good for 6 people? Ha, this is really a strangest that I ever hear about a hotel room. At first, I thought it was our sister's special arrangement. However, after talked to the brother, he told me that his sister placed the reservation via Internet for 4 people, not for 6. And, she has no control on what room they are going to get.

Now, the leading of the Lord has became really clear to us. We are pre-destine to stay at Victoria for 3 nights and stay at this particular hotel for one extra day, so we can enjoy the trip under His guidance and go home as a whole family with grateful hearts. Believe me, His provision never fails.

4 則留言:

Lee Ping 提到...

Dear 120Family,

God arranged the trip, but you were obedient enough to listen.

Lee Ping 提到...

p/s Thanks for sharing your testimony with us.

Chen 提到...

感謝贊美主!
旅途一切順利平安
洛杉磯見!

Vancouver風景看起來好美
我也要去!!!

恩典滿溢 提到...

聽到你們的經歷,我真是要大聲的感謝讚美主,我們的主是那麼又真又活,
祂是耶和華以勒!
秀亮